At Orange Mountain Bikes we recognize that privacy is important. This document outlines the types of personal information we receive and collect when you use Orange Bikes websites services (these domains include www.orangebikes.co.uk & .com, www.strangebikes.co.uk &.com), as well as some of the steps we take to safeguard information. We hope this will help you make an informed decision about sharing personal information with us.
Information we collect and how we use it:
We offer a number of services that require you to register your details or provide personal information to us. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide - When you register your Orange bike or use our on-line shopping cart or take part in a promotion that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password). For certain services, we also request credit card or other payment account information which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers.
- Log information - When you use Orange Bikes services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications - When you send email or other communication to Orange Bikes, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Providing our products and services to customers;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
- Developing new services.
Orange Mountain Bikes processes personal information on our servers in the United Kingdon and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country. We may process personal information to provide our own services.
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes. We will not collect or use personal information for purposes other than those described in this Policy unless we have obtained your prior consent.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case Orange Bikes may not be able to provide those services to you.
Orange Bikes only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Orange Bikes in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Orange Bikes, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Orange Bikes employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Orange Bikes processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use Orange Bikes services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Some of our services have different procedures to access, correct or delete users' personal information.
Orange Bikes regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or Orange Bikes treatment of personal information by contacting us through this web site. When we receive formal written complaints, it is Google's policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Orange Bikes and an individual.
Changes to this policy
If you have any additional questions or concerns about this Policy, please feel free to contact us any time through this web site.